Wednesday 1 October 2014

by Patricia Awapara


Statue Of Liberty

escriptionThis is part of my latest theme: Iconic Structures

I wanted to use my colorful palette on the Statue, but when I begun painting I couldn't. For some unknown reason I wanted to keep the statue within the tones of the original. So, the colors ended in the sky, which I feel it makes the statue pop.

Hope you like it!!

ORIGINAL PAINTING FOR SALE: 22 X 28 in. Acrylic on cavas

PS. the original painting has much more details not captured by the camera. If you are interested to purchase this piece, I could send you close ups. Thanks!! :)

Reference from Wikipedia:

The origin of the Statue of Liberty project is sometimes traced to a comment made by French law professor and politician ?douard Ren? de Laboulaye in mid-1865. In after-dinner conversation at his home near Versailles, Laboulaye, an ardent supporter of the Union in the American Civil War, is supposed to have said: "If a monument should rise in the United States, as a memorial to their independence, I should think it only natural if it were built by united effort?a common work of both our nations."





Please Click On The Picture Links Below For More Information








About Patricia:

Welcome !

I have been painting and drawing since I can remember. I participated in the school mural and art projects in my country. After moving to the US I replaced color pencils and brushes with a computer. It wasn't long before I graduated with a degree in Graphic Design. After a decade of working for a local firm my love for painting re-directed my life once more. I quit my day job. It was time to follow my dream and become a full time artist.

I love color and to experiment with all kinds of materials and subjects. My creative process is rather unplanned. I usually paint what my heart tells me. Sometimes it feels like spring flowers and scenic landscapes, other times it begs me to paint portraits . The freedom of painting without limitations let's me be creative, which I hope it reflects in my work.

**************************************************

I sell paintings locally and online. I've worked with interior designers in customs requests. Some of my pieces have travel as far as Australia and found new homes in Ireland, England and Germany among many other cities. The internet has shorten distances and given us all a way to connect. The same goes for art. I believe it creates a special bond between the artist and the buyer, both linked by the emotional and visual energy of the artwork.

Whether it has been a listed item or custom order I accept nothing less than complete satisfaction and a big smile. It is important to me that when you open the package it takes your breath away.

I would love to hear from you. Please contact me for more details.



Miami, FL - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment